MGT4221 International Management S01 - Global group

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Introduction


1. Our group's members

CHEUNG, Ying Yee

Hi, I am Cindy. I am a year 3 Hong Kong student majoring business economics in City University of Hong Kong. I also minor in global business. I am now working in Hong Kong Monetary Authority as a part-time assistant. That's why I am more familiar in finance and economic issues. I also like reading especially japanese comics, so I also study Japanese by myself. I hope I can learn more about international current issue in this class.


Bryan

I am an exchange student from Montreal, Canada. My major is International business and minoring in political science. I love to play and

watch many sports and listenb to music. On my spare time I like to play piano. I am excited to be here in Hong Kong and to take in all I can regarding Asian culture. I am interested in what drives exchange rates and sports management.







Victoria

Hi! My name is Victoria. I am an exchange student in Business Administration and this is my second semester in Hong Kong. I am from Belgium but I study in England, at the University of Kent, Canterbury.

I like traveling and meeting new people from all around the world as well as discovering new cultures and lifestyles, learning new languages, and sharing experiences. Living in Hong Kong and studying at CityU is an incredible opportunity to get to know more about China and the Asian culture and traditions.


John Cobbold

Hi ! I am John, a one year exchange student from Grenoble Ecole de Management, a French Business School.

I am highly interested in International Business and in the fast development of China. I did a one year internship in Shanghai last year and really liked it. The Chinese business environment is very active and there are lots of cultural aspects to discover for a Westerner like me.

When choosing my exchange school, I decided to come to Hong Kong to get a better feeling of the "One Country, Two systems". I have already been here one semester and everyday is always like a new story for me with new things to see and new people to meet. I am therefore definitively looking forward to this second semester at CityU !


2. Our group's name

We decided to name our group Glocal. First of all, our group members are a combination of local and international students. Additionally, we strongly believe that adapting global ideas or practices to the local environment is a prominent part of today's business. As such, Glocal is a reminded of this ever present interaction

3. The group's goals

Our goals are to thoroughly understand the concepts presented in this class as well as take in as much as we can on the different cultures we will learn about. Having weekly topics as well as being exposed to events happening all around the world is a great opportunity for us to stimulate our desire.

4. Our fields of interest

Apart from the topics included in the course outline, we as group members have several specific fields of interest such as exchange rates, the impact of sports, management and job outsourcing.

5. One myth

"Globalization creates a global mono-culture"

0 comments:

Post a Comment